The Reader Issue 58
Featuring Bill Bailey, Sarah Helm, Matthew Hollis, Salley Vickers, Anna Woodford
Issue 58 includes:
- New poetry comes from Matthew Hollis, Robert Etty, Claire Allen and Julian Flanagan
- The Poet on Her Work features Anna Woodford discussing her poem 'The Gender and Law at Durham Research Group'
- Bill Bailey speaks to Fiona Magee about his particular brand of comedy, his relationship with language and the importance of reading out loud
- New fiction from Greg Forshaw, and following the regular Old Poem feature, we introduce The Old Story - this issue from Katherine Mansfield
- Extracts from Sarah Helm's If This Is A Woman, a scholarly and at the same time unswerving history of Ravensbruck, Hitler's concentration camp for women
- Salley Vickers' essay on The Winter’s Tale tells the slow story of possible restoration after loss, guilt or madness
Calderstones Mansion House
Registered charity number: 1126806 Registered company number: 0660 7389
If you have any suggestions on how we can enhance The Reader experience for you, please get in touch by filling out our quick form. Thank you.