The Adventures in Blue - Cyanotype Sunprint Workshop introduces participants to the use of a traditional Victorian photographic technique as a way of creating unique artistic images in response to the beautiful surroundings of Calderstones Park, in a relaxed and mindful way.
Suitable for beginners.
Saturday 23rd October, 11am-4pm (£50 for 1 day workshop)
To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660
- Introduction to cyanotype & alternative processes
- A brief history of the pioneers (Anna Atkins)
- Creating a first photogram/cyanotype piece (precoated)
- Forage for objects
- Wash first piece
- Mixing chemistry & coating paper by hand
- Making your first fully handmade print
- Working with digital negatives
- Wash second piece
- Creating a photographic cyanotype
- Wash third piece
- Dry & Finish
Tutor: Hilary Clarke
£50 for 1 day workshop
Materials will be provided by your tutor.
Explore the history of Chinese Painting techniques with artist Madeleine Pires. This Chinese brush painting session is a mixed ability...
This tactile 10 week course will cover a broad range of textile and craft based skills which can be used...
This course will provide an opportunity to explore landscape in paint. This course will provide an opportunity to explore landscape...
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200