The Great Story Adventure
During your full-day visit your class will discover the joys of Shared Reading, both inside our Storybarn and outdoors in our beautiful park.
The Storybarn is filled with objects to inspire and hundreds of books to read!
During your visit your class will experience Shared Reading, book talk, story building, creative crafts and imaginative play. Our Shared Reading activities involve stories or poems being read aloud and discussed, allowing children to express themselves individually and to practise listening kindly to others. Story building, which encourages imagination, is a great hook for continued classroom learning. Together we’ll create a weird and wonderful tale!
You’ll also join out Storyhunters for an outdoor adventure to discover the stories of Calderstones Park.
Explore some of the park’s important historical features – including the walled garden; the Jet of Iada memorial, celebrating the wartime efforts of a brave German Shepard dog and our very own neolithic Calder Stones!EMAIL US Call us
Full Day Class Trip
- Starting at £300
- 10am – 2.30pm
- One class of up to 35 children
- Led by two Storyhunters throughout the day
- Availability Tuesday – Thursday from September 2021
- Multiclass discounts available on request
Contact us to book or to join our teacher’s mailing list.
National Curriculum Links
- be encouraged to read for pleasure and to link what they read or hear to their own experiences
- explore significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- take part in outdoor activity challenges
- develop an awareness of the past using common words and phrases relating to the passing of time
Calder Stones - Step Back in Time
NEW FOR 2021 – Heritage School Trips with the Storybarn
Suitable for KS2 and KS3 classes
Enjoy a two-hour exploration of the Stone Age heritage of Calderstones Park.
We’ll explore the history of the Calder Stones, diving into historical sources to unveil their story as well as undertaking an exciting park trail to map the transition from the Mesolithic to the Neolithic, walking in the footsteps of our ancestors.
These sessions will incorporate The Reader’s golden thread of literature and story alongside a meaningful historical exploration of settlement and community.
- Available every Monday from October 2021
- 10am – 12noon OR 12.45pm – 2.45pm
- £90 for up to 20 students
- Additional students at £4.50 each (maximum of 35 pupils in total)