An update from The Reader Café Team
As we continue to work through the details of how we can safely re-open the Mansion House, we’re making some changes to our service at The Reader Café so that we can better serve the community at Calderstones.
If you’re planning to pay us a visit soon, here’s what you need to know
From Monday 27 July ...
- Customers are asked to come into the Café to place takeaway orders.
- In accordance with the latest government guidance, face coverings must be worn whilst buying take away food and drink. There are exemptions to the new rules for children under 11, those with disabilities or certain health conditions.
- The Café will be open from 10am – 5pm every day (the Ice Cream Parlour will be open for takeaway from 8.30am every day).
- Extra seating has been added to the Café's outside courtyard (indoor seating is still unavailable).
- The toilets at the side of the Mansion House are open 12noon – 4pm on weekdays and 12noon – 6pm on weekends. These facilities – which include two accessible toilets and a baby changing area – are closely monitored and regularly cleaned to ensure the safety of all park visitors.
- We will not be allowing dogs into the building at this moment, but dogs are welcome in our external café courtyard seating area.
We’re asking all customers to maintain social distancing when they visit so that we can all stay safe and protect each other.
Here’s how it works:
- Join the queue to enter the Mansion House via the ramp and keep within the floor markings.
- Inside we have a series of queue spaces which will help you maintain distance, please stay within your area until the next space is available for you to move up the queue.
- When you reach the till to order, we ask that you stay behind the rope to allow at least 1 metre between yourself and our staff members.
- There will be a Track and Trace booklet at the till to sign if you plan to sit at one of the tables in the courtyard.
- Once you’ve received a receipt, please wait in the next zone to collect your order before exiting.
- The main exit from the Café is through the French doors and out through the black gate into the park. If you have any accessibility requirements, please exit through the main door, observing social distancing - talk to a member of the team if you need help.
For more details on the steps we’re taking to mitigate the risk of coronavirus in The Reader Café and The Reader Shop, you can read our risk assessments here.
Thanks for your support!