Read to Lead – Swansea – Tuesday 13th July
The next Read to Lead Workshop will be in Swansea on Tuesday 13th July.
This workshop will give you an introduction to The Reader Organisation's work and ethos, including a chance to experience Get Into Reading for yourself.
It was a joy and a privilege to be there. I think it’s such a wonderful thing you’re doing – on so many levels. Very many thanks for an inspiring day.
Outline and Outcomes
Specifically, the Read to Lead Workshop will
- Develop your understanding of the theory and practice of Get Into Reading;
- Give you a chance to experience shared reading aloud as part of a Get Into Reading group;
- Introduce you to specialised shared reading and group facilitation techniques;
- Build your local contact base of people who are interested in starting a project;
- Give you the opportunity to discuss strategies for developing shared reading groups in your area;
- Inform you about full Read to Lead Training courses and the University of Liverpool’s ‘Reading in Practice’ MA.
Booking and Fees
This course is open to people from all professional and social backgrounds: a love of books, a belief in the social value of reading, and a passion to share this vision are what we look for in trainees.
The cost of the day is £150, including lunch and refreshments. Places on each Workshop are limited to twelve, to preserve the intimate feel of the groups and to allow everyone a chance to speak and be heard. To book your place, please complete a booking form, available to download from our website, or contact Mark Till, Training Programme Assistant, on 0151 794 2286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're delighted to have been awarded £120,000 by The National Lottery Community Fund to support work over the next three…
For Libraries Week 2023, Geetha Rabindrakumar, our Director of Partnerships, Communities and Impact shares how our work in libraries supports…
Geetha Rabindrakumar, our Director of Partnerships, Communities and Impact reflects on our research on reading habits and mental health and…
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200