Weddings that make a difference
Many newlyweds began their married lives celebrating with friends and family here at the Mansion House
Many newlyweds began their married lives celebrating with friends and family here at the Mansion House throughout the 20th century – and The Reader is continuing this tradition for future generations.
The Mansion House is a unique, elegant and magical wedding reception venue in the beautiful and historic setting of Calderstones Park. With newly refurbished spaces that can host from 50 to 100-plus guests, and lush greenery for the perfect wedding photos.
As a charity, we put people first, and you can be sure you and your guests will enjoy the warmest of Reader welcomes. And, by choosing to celebrate with us, you’re making a difference to people and communities across the UK.
If you’re looking for a venue with a difference, that helps make a difference, get in touch today. Our experienced Events team can advise and guide you through a range of options – ask us about tying the golden thread of literature through your special day.
Our facilities, at a glance
- Exclusive access to the private garden and terrace
- City location in a gorgeous, historic park setting
- Fully accessible venue
- Fully licensed bar until midnight bar
- Free parking on site
- Sit-down or buffet meal capacity for up to 100 guests in the 1940s Garden Theatre
- Locally sourced, delicious food, with a range of menus to suit all budgets, dietary requirements and tastes
- AV equipment (and tech support) available
- Facilities to support live band and/or DJs
- Dedicated events team to coordinate your big day
- All profits support The Reader’s charitable work with people across the UK