Forget the Fringe: TRO is coming to Edinburgh!
Want to join the Reading Revolution? This is the place to start:
Read to Lead Workshop
Thursday 14th October 2010
George IV Bridge
10am – 4pm
Come along to this Read to Lead Workshop, hosted by Edinburgh Libraries, and discover how you can bring the power of great books to those who need it most.
This workshop is open to people from all professional and social backgrounds: a love of books, a belief in the social value of reading, and a passion to share this vision are our main criteria.
The outcomes of this Read to Lead Workshop are as follows:
- To develop your understanding of the theory and practice of Get Into Reading;
- To give you a chance to experience shared reading aloud as part of a GIR group;
- To introduce you to specialised shared reading and group facilitation techniques;
- To build your local contact base of people who are interested in GIR;
- To give you the opportunity to discuss strategies for developing groups in your area;
- To inform you about full Read to Lead Training courses and the University of Liverpool’s ‘Reading in Practice’ MA.
The cost of the course is £150 including lunch and refreshments. We offer one ‘no fee’ place on each course for individuals who cannot pay. Places on each workshop are limited to twelve, to preserve the intimate feel of the groups and to allow everyone a chance to speak and be heard.
For Libraries Week 2023, Geetha Rabindrakumar, our Director of Partnerships, Communities and Impact shares how our work in libraries supports…
Geetha Rabindrakumar, our Director of Partnerships, Communities and Impact reflects on our research on reading habits and mental health and…
Our new survey of 2,000 people across the UK* reveals: Nearly two-fifths (38%) agree that they can relate to literature…
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200