- Duration: Fixed Term for 3 Years
- Reporting to: Children and Young Person Manager
- Salary: £17,000 – £22,000 per annum
- Working Hours/Pattern: Part Time (0.4FTE)
Location: Calderstones Park, Liverpool
We need somebody who has a deep connection with literature and experience working with children in the voluntary sector, to recruit and support a group of volunteers who will be working one to one with looked after children for a period of 6 months, as well supporting the children to then transition from reading one to one to attending local reading groups in community settings.
This project is funded by BBC Children in Need and is a new way for us to continue to deliver a long standing commitment to reading with Looked After Children in the North West of England. We aim to raise standards in literacy through promoting reading for pleasure.
- Support and mentor 30 trained volunteers in each year of the project, who will be reading one to one and in small groups with at least 40 looked after children in their home or community based settings between them
- Support children and young people in making the transition from their one to one setting to attending a local reading group
- Link children with any relevant additional initiatives provided by The Reader
- Train volunteers and support them in using The Reader’s safeguarding policies and procedures
How to apply:
Please do not just send in a CV. Please download the full application form and job description. Please complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.