Opportunity: Volunteer Events Assistants
We are looking for some passionate volunteers to take on the role of Event Assistants during The Reader Organisation's first ever Children’s Literature Festival ‘ The Secret Garden of Stories’ at Calderstones Mansion House. The festival will run from Thursday 28th August to Saturday 30th August 2014.
Volunteers will need to be available for two days during the festival period; this will include the set up on Wednesday 27th August and the take down on Monday 1st September. We will also need all volunteers to be able to attend an afternoon session during the week commencing Monday 18th August for a chance to meet the team and run through the schedule of the festival.
As well as being part of a dynamic organisation as we embark on an exciting new development, you will get the chance to develop planning skills and gain experience in event planning and promotion.
- Helping to prepare for the festival, setting up the garden and other event spaces for the author talks, shared reading and craft activities
- Clearing up the spaces after the festival
- Being readerly, answering any questions and queries
- Ushering audiences through to the author talks and checking tickets
- Promoting the festival to passer-by’s in the park
- Stewarding the garden area throughout the day
- A chance to deliver shared reading sessions
- Opportunity to help in the design and layout of the festival
This opportunity is unpaid, but travel expenses will be reimbursed in full.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a DBS check (Preference will be given to those volunteers who already have a DBS Check)
If you are interested in volunteering for the festival then please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest by Tuesday 15th July.
You can download a full specification on the Volunteering section of our website.
More details on The Secret Garden of Stories will be released on The Reader Online next week.