Skip navigation to main content
Buy a Calderstones Card
- The Calderstones Card allows the bearer to redeem a range of discounts as follows:
- 20% discount on food and drink in The Reader Café and Ice Cream Parlour.
- 15% discount on books in The Reader Bookshop.
- The card is not redeemable for cash and does not hold any exchange value.
- Discounts are provided at the discretion of The Reader Organisation and its representatives.
- Participating outlets exclusively comprise: The Reader Café, The Reader Ice Cream Parlour and The Reader Bookshop.
- Discounts and benefits associated with the Calderstones Card are subject to change at the discretion of The Reader Organisation.
- Calderstones Card is for the sole use of the named card holder.
- For lost cards to be replaced, card holders must register the card with Bookshop staff upon collection.
- Unregistered cards cannot be replaced or reissued.
- Only the registered card holder can request a card replacement in the case of a lost card.
- Replacement of cards is at the discretion of The Reader and its representatives.
- A lost card may be replaced once without charge, subsequent replacements will be charged at £3.
- To register a card the holder must supply a name, card code and email address.
- Registered card holders will be contacted with card updates and exclusive offers.
- Discounts must be applied at point of sale; they cannot be retrospectively added to transactions.
- Once purchased the Calderstones Card is non-refundable.
- Purchasers must be 16 years or older.