Bringing The Reader Mansion House to life
In Spring 2019, we’ll be opening The Reader Mansion House in Calderstones Park, where there will be a vibrant programme designed to help people experience literature, be nourished, develop new skills and explore their creativity:
That means even more opportunities to get involved with our pioneering work:
- 16 new Shared Reading groups, with up to 32 new Reader Leader roles.
- DIY volunteers to help us smooth some edges ahead of opening the doors to our newly renovated HQ.
- Reception volunteers to welcome and guide our visitors.
- Arts and well-being volunteers to share their passion through a new weekly group.
- Outdoor volunteers to care for our open spaces.
- Heritage volunteers to bring the ancient Calder Stones into the 21st century.
- Event volunteers to support our wide-ranging programme.
- Advocates to shout about what’s now on offer.
If you have a great idea for an arts or well-being group that should be part of our programme, or if you’d like to find out more about any of these opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.