Opportunity: Volunteer Reception Assistant
Calderstones Mansion House is a home from home for all of its visitors, and so this role is crucial in creating a instantly welcoming, friendly atmosphere that is representative of The Reader Organisation. As Volunteer Reception Assistant, you will be the first port of call for any visitors to Calderstones Mansion House. We will rely on you to create a good impression so above anything else you’ll need to have a good rapport with many different types of people helping them to feel looked after and at ease.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Answering the telephone, taking and relaying messages
- Greeting visitors in a welcoming and friendly manner, offering them refreshments, and directing them to the right location
- Monitoring those entering and exiting the building
- Keeping the reception area tidy
- Providing information about TRO, Calderstones, and activities going on in and around the building
- Providing assistance at TRO events
- Providing general clerical and administrative support as required
What you will get out of it:
- Internal and external training
- Opportunities to meet and work with new people
- The opportunity to use existing skills and gain new ones
- Attendance at regular Get Into Reading groups and volunteer events
A full role description can be downloaded on our website.
We're looking for someone who is happy to make a commitment for half a day each week (for a minimum of 3 hours per week). This role will be ongoing, with a minimum of 3 months commitment.
Induction and training sessions will be provided for this role, and must be completed before starting the placement.
This role is unpaid, but travel expenses will be provided as per TRO's Expenses Policy.
For more information about or to express interest in this role, please email email@example.com, or phone our Head Office at 0151 207 7207.
You can also find out more about the role on our website: http://www.thereader.org.uk/working-with-us/volunteering/volunteer-reception-assistant
Jeff Gardner is Executive Chef at The Reader and creates the delicious menus for the Cafe, Garden Parties and private…
We love welcoming new friends to our magical children’s play space the Storybarn in Calderstones Park for Birthday Parties and…
We're delighted to have been awarded £120,000 by The National Lottery Community Fund to support work over the next three…
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200