The Reader at Calderstones – important site update
From Monday 1 June, we’ll be reopening the Ice Cream Parlour in Calderstones Park as a takeaway service providing ice creams, ice lollies, cold drinks, slushies, tea, filter coffee and snacks.
The Parlour’s new opening times will be: 12 noon until 6pm, Monday to Sunday.
For the health and wellbeing of customers and staff, we’ve made some important changes so that social distancing can be maintained at all times.
We’re asking everyone who visits the Ice Cream Parlour to follow these five steps so that we can all stay safe in the park together:
- Only join the queue with people from your family or household, if you are in a large group please consider waiting at a safe distance.
- When in the queue, keep a safe distance (2 metres) from others by staying within the floor markings.
- Follow the signs to navigate the new one-way system.
- Please pay using contactless, cash cannot be accepted.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided to clean your hands.
For more details on the measures we’re taking to mitigate the risk of coronavirus in the Ice Cream Parlour, we’ve published our Risk Assessment in full.
We’re delighted to be back serving the community again and look forward to seeing you soon.
The Reader Team