Make yourself at home at the Mansion House
Join us for a special housewarming weekend as we re-open the doors to the Calderstones Mansion House
Saturday 14 – Sunday 15 September
Come along to celebrate a new chapter in the life of the Grade II listed Calderstones Mansion House as we throw open the doors for a special housewarming that promises something for everyone!
10 reasons to come in and explore:
- Take a tour to hear about the people and the stories behind the Mansion – from its original owner, and its connections to a world-famous shipping line, to its place in the hearts of the ordinary people of Liverpool – many of whom still remember it fondly today.
- Be among the first to see the ancient Calder Stones that give the park and local area their name, restored and resplendent in a new purpose-built exhibition centre that tells their 5,000-year-old story.
- Join in a family storytelling session and get crafty at our imaginative story centre, the Storybarn.
- Drop into ‘Round the Clock Dickens’ as we attempt to read the whole of Dickens’ historical novel A Tale of Two Cities from start to finish across 2 days.
- Turn a literary quote into an origami bird and leave your mark on the Mansion with our special celebratory installation.
- Find out what Shared Reading is all about by joining in a taster session, inspired by one of our programme themes. Shared Reading is for everyone, there’s no pressure to read, just drop in and give it a try – you might even make a new friend!
- Get refreshed in the new Café in the Mansion or pop over to the Ice Cream Parlour in the Courtyard for a scoop of your favourite flavour.
- Imagine what life was like as one of the Neolithic ancestors who built the Calder Stones by joining in a special reading of the children’s classic Stig of the Dump.
- Enjoy some of the foods from your favourite books in our literary-inspired menu.
- Unwind your body and your mind in a yoga taster in the Mansion’s new yoga studio.
Jeff Gardner is Executive Chef at The Reader and creates the delicious menus for the Cafe, Garden Parties and private…
We love welcoming new friends to our magical children’s play space the Storybarn in Calderstones Park for Birthday Parties and…
The Reader is inviting visitors young and old to gather at its home in Calderstones Park this Christmas as it…
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200