Make yourself at home at the Mansion House
Join us for a special housewarming weekend as we re-open the doors to the Calderstones Mansion House
Saturday 14 – Sunday 15 September
Come along to celebrate a new chapter in the life of the Grade II listed Calderstones Mansion House as we throw open the doors for a special housewarming that promises something for everyone!
10 reasons to come in and explore:
- Take a tour to hear about the people and the stories behind the Mansion – from its original owner, and its connections to a world-famous shipping line, to its place in the hearts of the ordinary people of Liverpool – many of whom still remember it fondly today.
- Be among the first to see the ancient Calder Stones that give the park and local area their name, restored and resplendent in a new purpose-built exhibition centre that tells their 5,000-year-old story.
- Join in a family storytelling session and get crafty at our imaginative story centre, the Storybarn.
- Drop into ‘Round the Clock Dickens’ as we attempt to read the whole of Dickens’ historical novel A Tale of Two Cities from start to finish across 2 days.
- Turn a literary quote into an origami bird and leave your mark on the Mansion with our special celebratory installation.
- Find out what Shared Reading is all about by joining in a taster session, inspired by one of our programme themes. Shared Reading is for everyone, there’s no pressure to read, just drop in and give it a try – you might even make a new friend!
- Get refreshed in the new Café in the Mansion or pop over to the Ice Cream Parlour in the Courtyard for a scoop of your favourite flavour.
- Imagine what life was like as one of the Neolithic ancestors who built the Calder Stones by joining in a special reading of the children’s classic Stig of the Dump.
- Enjoy some of the foods from your favourite books in our literary-inspired menu.
- Unwind your body and your mind in a yoga taster in the Mansion’s new yoga studio.