COVID-19: The Reader Cafe has now reopened with indoor seating and outdoor seating and is table service only. Please see our risk assessment for visiting the Cafe here.
Our new menu offers classic homemade dishes from our famous Mansion House scouse to light bites such as rosemary fries and paninis.
At The Reader Café, we’re asking everyone to follow these steps so that we can all stay safe together:
- Please wait to be seated and a member of the team will show you to a tablen and request your details for NHS Track and Trace.
- We are able to seat tables up to 6 people including children under 12 years of age. Highchairs are available indoors and outdoors.
- Internal toilets including baby change facilities are available for café customers.
- Please keep a safe distance from others at all times and when not seated at your table, we ask that you wear a face covering and use the hand sanitiser available.
- If you have a smartphone, this includes checking in using the NHS Covid-19 app for Track & Trace app – look for the QR codes on display in the Café, Ice Cream Parlour and Shop. If you don’t have the app, a member of the team will request to take your details in writing.
The Reader Café is fully accessible. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will amend our face covering policy accordingly.
Dogs are not allowed in the Mansion House and we politely ask that they are kept on a lead in the external seating area.
0151 729 2236
Where to find us
The Mansion House
Liverpool, L18 3JB
‘One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well,’ so said
Occasionally, The Reader Café may close its doors a little early if the weather is particularly bad, but you can always call ahead to check we’re still open.
More to enjoy at Calderstones
Discover stories of life in Liverpool, starting 5,000 years ago, in our dedicated exhibition.
Find something real to take home when the day is done - beautiful literary gifts for all ages.
The hugely popular Ice Cream Parlour is open all year, selling all the best flavours, supplied by Cheshire Farm Ice...
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200