COVID-19: The Reader Cafe has now reopened with indoor seating. Please see our risk assessment for visiting the Cafe here.
At The Reader Café, we’re asking everyone to follow these steps so that we can all stay safe in the park together:
- Follow the one-way queueing system inside the Mansion House and into the Café area. A member of staff will call you forward to the till point to order.
- Only join the queue with people from your family or household, if you’re in a large group please consider waiting at a safe distance.
- When queuing, keep a safe distance (2 metres) from others by staying within the floor markings.
- After receiving a numbered receipt, you will be asked to wait next to the collection point, once your order is ready staff will call you forward to the retrieve your order.
- If you are sitting inside then please make your way to an available table. Please leave through the side door to the external area.
- If you are taking your order away please exit through to the external seating area as directed by the team.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the house and we politely ask that they are kept on a lead in the external seating area
10am - 5pm
0151 729 2236
Where to find us
The Mansion House
Liverpool, L18 3JB
‘One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well,’ so said
Occasionally, The Reader Café may close its doors a little early if the weather is particularly bad, but you can always call ahead to check we’re still open.
More to enjoy at Calderstones
Discover stories of life in Liverpool, starting 5,000 years ago, in our dedicated exhibition.
Find something real to take home when the day is done - beautiful literary gifts for all ages.
The hugely popular Ice Cream Parlour is open all year, selling all the best flavours, supplied by Cheshire Farm Ice...
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200