COVID19: The Reader Cafe has reopened as a takeaway service, but the Mansion House is currently closed. Please see our risk assessment and guidance for visiting the Cafe here.
At The Reader Café, we’re asking everyone to follow these steps so that we can all stay safe in the park together:
- Follow the one-way queueing system from the ramp at the front of the Mansion House, to the service hatch to place your order.
- Only join the queue with people from your family or household, if you’re in a large group please consider waiting at a safe distance.
- When queuing, keep a safe distance (2 metres) from others by staying within the floor markings.
- When placing your order be prepared to pay using contactless or card as we cannot currently accept cash.
- After receiving a receipt, follow the one-way system to the Café courtyard area to pick up your order.
- On collection, we ask that you use the hand sanitiser provided and exit through the courtyard as directed by the signs.
10am - 5pm
0151 729 2236
Where to find us
The Mansion House
Liverpool, L18 3JB
Occasionally, The Reader Café may close its doors a little early if the weather is particularly bad, but you can always call ahead to check we’re still open.
‘One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well,’ so said
More to enjoy at Calderstones
Discover stories of life in Liverpool, starting 5,000 years ago, in our dedicated exhibition.
Find something real to take home when the day is done - beautiful literary gifts for all ages.
The hugely popular Ice Cream Parlour is open all year, selling all the best flavours, supplied by Cheshire Farm Ice...
Contact usGet in touch and be part of the story
You can also speak to us on: 0151 729 2200