Make your story part of ours
In Liverpool’s Calderstones Park, and in Shared Reading groups across the UK, The Reader brings people together. From magical children’s storytelling, to Shared Reading in care homes, we open up the wonderful world of literature to people young and old. Our work is proven to help reduce social isolation, improve health and well-being, develop skills and build communities.
“The reading groups are a different kind of medicine and it’s through them that I’ve found a way back to life.”
Daniel, Shared Reading Group Member, Birkenhead
- grow our national movement of volunteer Readers to bring Shared Reading to more people in the communities in which they live.
- build a community at Calderstones Park that is based around reading and the wonderful heritage and nature on site.
Like anybody with a dream, we need Friends to help us make it a reality.
What do you get as a Reader Friend?
Every year we want to do something to bring The Reader Friends together. Early in 2018, along with our Patron, award-winning novelist and screenwriter Frank Cottrell Boyce (Millions, Cosmic, 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony), we will get in touch to ask for something that means something truly special to you. Frank will create The Reader Friends’ story from your contributions. Your story will become part of ours.
As well as this unique way of being part of The Reader, Friends will also receive:
- a welcome pack including a tote bag and a copy of The Reader’s anthology Poets Don’t Lie — the perfect addition to any bookshelf.
- a Friends card entitling you 20% off all in-person purchases at The Reader Café, Ice Cream Parlour, and The Storybarn.
- an exclusive quarterly newsletter, keeping you up to date on the impact of your support.
- a personal invitation to the launch of The International Centre for Shared Reading at Calderstones in 2018.
Families can take advantage of all of these benefits plus four tickets to The Storybarn, The Reader’s interactive story centre for children at Calderstones Park, for £6 per month (£72 per year).
Pass it forward. Reader Friendship makes a unique present for any occasion while making a real difference in the community.
Become a friend now
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call
0151 729 2200.