Head of Communications
- Duration: Permanent
- Salary: £27,000 to £35,000 per annum
- Working Hours/Pattern: 35 hours per week. Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
- Annual Leave: 30 days per year plus bank holidays
- Location: The Reader, Calderstones Park, Liverpool L18 3JB (National travel may be required)
- Reporting to: Associate Director of Development and Communications
- Responsible for: Marketing and Communications Manager, Communications Assistant, Interns
- Deadline for applications: 9am, Thursday 22 February 2018 (Please note applications arriving after 9am will not be considered).
The Head of Communications role is a new post which has strategic and operational responsibility for all aspects of communications (internal and external), marketing and brand management for The Reader.
You will be a senior leader in the organisation, taking responsibility for developing and refining our messages to the world. Your work will increase awareness of, and engagement with The Reader as an evolving, innovative charity and social enterprise with a strong Liverpool base and growing national, and international, reach.
The Reader is at an exciting point in its development. We have just finalised a new five-year business plan that will see the organisation evolve and grow a new volunteer-led model for Shared Reading to radically increase our reach across the UK.
2018 will also see the launch of the International Centre for Shared Reading at Calderstones Park, our Liverpool home. It is in this context that we are now investing in our communications function, new digital infrastructure and brand development. You’ll lead a small, committed team, work closely with The Reader’s Director Jane Davis and be a vital part of The Reader’s Senior Management team.
- Understand Shared Reading and develop your own practice in a weekly group
- Work closely with The Reader’s Directors and Head of Calderstones Development to develop our communications and marketing strategy
- Continue to develop The Reader’s language, in order to help make Shared Reading part of the fabric of life
- Plan and deliver all elements of The Reader’s communications and marketing activity, including social media, PR, advertising and events
- Work with Development, Learning and Operational teams to develop a strong case for support and key messages and convey them externally across a range of channels (appropriate conferences, news pieces and comment, campaigns, social targeting, marketing collateral etc.)
- Act as the organisation’s brand guardian and ensure that all teams, volunteers and partners have clear guidance on brand parameters and processes
Download the job description below for full details.
How to apply:
Please do not just send in a CV. Please download the full application form, job description and recruitment pack below. You will also find an article by The Reader’s founder and director Jane Davis for your information. Please complete the application form and submit to email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role please contact Jemma Guerrier, Associate Director of Development on 0151 729 2200.