The Reader Café Chef
Based in: Calderstones Mansion House, Calderstones Park, L18 3JB
Reporting to: Café Manager/Catering Site Manager
Rate of pay: £8 per hour
Hours: minimum 32 hours per week
Duration: fixed term – 6 months in the first instance
Deadline for applications: Friday 28 July 2017, 9am.
This individual will be responsible for developing hospitality enterprises within The Reader, creating new and sustainable ways to support The Reader activity and generate revenue. They will develop a range of profitable catering offers that work in harmony with the organisation’s ethos and vision.
The chef is expected to have a hands on approach and responsibility for the overall daily operation of the café’s catering processes whilst being mindful of industry cost margins. The individual will need the practical skills to execute an interesting but simple menu and be capable of developing and planning seasonal menus as well as promoting our café offers. The chef must also have current and relevant health and safety/food hygiene certificates. The role would require the individual to show initiative in order to lead in offering an innovative menu and develop new, workable, concepts and ideas.
Based in: The Storybarn, Calderstones Park, L18 3JB
Reporting to: Calderstones Operations Manager
Rate of pay: ££7.50 per hour
Hours: zero hour contract, working pattern covers 9am – 7pm Monday to Sunday.
Duration: Until 4 September 2017
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 2 August, 9am.
The Storybarn is a creative, interactive environment in which children can feel thoroughly alive and creative in the company of quality literature. We believe that books offer children a way to understand the world in which they live and the worlds inside themselves. The Reader exists to provide book-routes into this inner space, and to develop shared understandings of both it, and the outer world.
Training will be provided with space for creative adaptation of delivery for applicants to really make the role their own.
This role could be for you if you:
• Passionately believe in the value of reading
• Are flexible, enthusiastic and positive
• Are incredible outgoing and confident working with children and families
• Are Compassionate and creative
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Inspiring young people to love reading and to feel confident and relaxed in the company of books
• Being a lively, engaging, enthusiastic presence in the Storybarn, to encourage children to engage as fully as possible with the experience
• Creating an exciting, stimulating environment in the Storybarn, to encourage children to make meaningful connections with the texts. This may involve using props such as puppets, musical instruments and other items to stimulate creative play
• Delivering curriculum-based workshops for school groups in the Storybarn
• Delivering Storybarn birthday parties
• Maintaining excellent customer service by providing a safe, friendly and vibrant environment for all visitors
• Upholding strict safeguarding policies.
• Selling tickets, merchandise and handling cash
• General housekeeping duties including opening/securing of premises
• Ensuring timely communication of relevant issues/updates to management team as required
• Promoting the experience
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION